Too close, too close...
Omg I nearly forgot to pay my bills! I'm still reeling from the close-call-ness of the situation. Residents are given a 7 day grace period after the due date and today's the 5th day, just enough time for me to transfer money out from my ING account into my Commonwealth Bank account half an hour before the end of the business day, which means the money will be available tomorrow just in time to pay my rent. *takes deep breath*
It wasn't so much my forgetfulness than my inexperience with these matters. Note to self, always always read the fine print under Payment Obligations. I was sitting around waiting for an invoice from College Square, when in fact there would be no invoice. Just payment and receipt.
The same thing happened with my internet connection. Though I wasn't half as lucky. I only realized I hadn't paid my internet bill when they wouldn't let me sign on. I froze for a moment, gulped, hurried down to reception and paid the 40 bucks in cash. Unfortunately I'll have to wait till tomorrow when they reactivate my connection.
Aaaall this money. And I'll need to get a top-up for my handphone credit too. No matter, in a few days time I'll be getting the money from UniMelb. *gloats*
In other news, my tolerance levels for cold has gone off the charts. Apparently today was very chilly, but I was just fine in a tank top and a sleeveless knit-top. No one believed I wasn't freezing my nose off, but it's true! Not a shiver, not a sneeze! The crowning moment was I think during ultimate frisbee training lunchtime today, when it started raining (felt hard though, like half-melted hail) and we just kept on playing. It was exhilarating, though I was soaked after that and had to drip my way into Union House to dry off. Waited till the rain eased off a bit (but not completely) and cycled back. And strangely still, I wasn't cold. Just really wet.
I guess I've been eating the right stuff these days. =)
It wasn't so much my forgetfulness than my inexperience with these matters. Note to self, always always read the fine print under Payment Obligations. I was sitting around waiting for an invoice from College Square, when in fact there would be no invoice. Just payment and receipt.
The same thing happened with my internet connection. Though I wasn't half as lucky. I only realized I hadn't paid my internet bill when they wouldn't let me sign on. I froze for a moment, gulped, hurried down to reception and paid the 40 bucks in cash. Unfortunately I'll have to wait till tomorrow when they reactivate my connection.
Aaaall this money. And I'll need to get a top-up for my handphone credit too. No matter, in a few days time I'll be getting the money from UniMelb. *gloats*
In other news, my tolerance levels for cold has gone off the charts. Apparently today was very chilly, but I was just fine in a tank top and a sleeveless knit-top. No one believed I wasn't freezing my nose off, but it's true! Not a shiver, not a sneeze! The crowning moment was I think during ultimate frisbee training lunchtime today, when it started raining (felt hard though, like half-melted hail) and we just kept on playing. It was exhilarating, though I was soaked after that and had to drip my way into Union House to dry off. Waited till the rain eased off a bit (but not completely) and cycled back. And strangely still, I wasn't cold. Just really wet.
I guess I've been eating the right stuff these days. =)

<< Home