Baffled
[excerpt]
[/excerpt]
I'm still a little skeptical over the authenticity of this email - it feels a little out of left field, though not one I'd put past John Lyon. The subject line made me laugh. I can almost hear him narrating this email in his humourously sardonic, highly modulated style of speech that makes his lectures so memorable.
Sadly, I will have to miss it, being in different continents and all. Bummer. I would've dearly liked to meet him on a more personal level - his larger-than-life personality would've made for one interesting lunch!
Subject: Lunch with Me?
Dear Star Last Semester Financial Accounting Students
I would like to take you all to lunch one day shortly. Do you think you
could each provide a day or days when you are free to my PA Lorel. She
can work out a time and get back with you.
We will hold it in University house here on campus.
Regards
John
Professor John D Lyon
Fitzgerald Professor of Accounting
Head of Department
Department of Accounting and Business Information Systems
The University of Melbourne
[/excerpt]
I'm still a little skeptical over the authenticity of this email - it feels a little out of left field, though not one I'd put past John Lyon. The subject line made me laugh. I can almost hear him narrating this email in his humourously sardonic, highly modulated style of speech that makes his lectures so memorable.
Sadly, I will have to miss it, being in different continents and all. Bummer. I would've dearly liked to meet him on a more personal level - his larger-than-life personality would've made for one interesting lunch!
Labels: Uni

1 Comments:
If you were here in Melbourne, there's a chance that I could have served you lunch since I work at University House on certain days. :P How's life over in the USA? Hope all's going well and that you're enjoying yourself. Take care, dearie!! :) xoxo
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home