Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekends - blink and you'll miss them.

Unfortunately for me, there appears to be a strong positive correlation between amount of work and frequency of blog updates. It's bound to be my undoing, sooner or later. I can't believe it's already week 5 of semester. Especially since general revision and study stagnated circa week 2. And the Easter break, still two long weeks away!

This fleeting weekend only served to exacerbate the work situation. Nonetheless, it was a wholly enjoyable weekend. The finicky weather ruined perfectly good plans for a birthday picnic down at King's Domain on Saturday, which had to be relocated indoors (Nicky's/Ong's housemate's/Honey captain's/birthday boy's girlfriend's apartment, as it happened). It worked out well in the end, and I spent the afternoon playing with Nicky's lizard, eating and making friends with a group of Swedish exchange students, including an Emille, who stood at a dizzying height of 206cm. Gawp.

After that, Ong and I made our way to Rob's housewarming near where I live. Oh man, what a great house. The spacious, high-ceilinged living room has a jam-space with maybe 6 guitars, 3 amps and a couple of pedals, the TV area has a sound system, projector and a Nintendo Wii and the alcohol rack in the corner was well-stocked with bottles and bottles of wine and a few liqueurs - clearly the essentials of modern-day living.

Speaking of the Wii, how cool are its wireless motion-sensor controllers? They take a bit of getting used to, but it's a whole new gaming experience. Highlights of the night include me smashing everyone and setting a record at bowling with a score of 190 on the Wii (See, people kept trying to put fancy spins on their bowl, while I just slam it straight down the lane. Guess we know what works :), Ong fashioning a makeshift handcuff on me with two glow sticks, the engineer that he is (Oh wait, it's the wrong kind of engineering. Nevermind.) and most of all, the great company and excellent atmosphere.

Sunday morning was not so good. I did however, wake up to the happy realisation of gaining an hour thanks to daylight saving. But then I had to up and get ready for a Honey v. Ishtar (grudge) match, and the sun was too hot, I forgot my cap, I was somewhat dehydrated and yeah, it wasn't a pretty match. I got home exhausted and was horrified to find my skin all dry and crinkly. The words "premature ageing of skin" immediately popped into my head following a snippet of a conversation I heard just before the match when everyone was sunscreening up.

[a heavily edited and ad-libbed transcript]

Jo: You don't put sunscreen on your legs! You should! Prevents premature ageing of skin...
Nicky: Not if I botox my whole leg!

[/transcript]

Unlike Nicky, I wasn't too keen on botoxing my limbs, and hence wasted no time in getting clean and moisturising. Tried to study after that, took a nap instead. Woke up, had dinner, studied some and here I am. Hour or so past my bedtime.

I am so going to regret this tomorrow...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home