She speaks of the weather and of love.
I've become such a lazy blogger, I know. And when I finally decide to up and do it, I just end up grousing about the weather. Case in point:
The weather has been uncomfortably muggy the last few days, but heck, today's was worst. According to the statistics, temperatures peaked at about 37C, which no doubt occured at the exact period when I walked home from uni. Nature has that kind of a humour.
So I eventually made it back to the apartment, feeling like I'd just trudged through a vat of warm glue. Then the wind started howling outside my window, just in time for a pick-up game of frisbee at 5pm. After much swallowing of dust, chasing and retrieving frisbees 100m away from where they started and many turnovers later, the wind very suddenly turned chill. It was wonderfully refreshing, until 2 minutes later, huge, fat drops of rain started pelting down on us. They were icy and stung a bit. By the time we made it to Rob's car, we were smelly, cold and sopping wet. This was probably the 18C low the statistics were yammering on about.
Despite such unforgiving conditions, pick-up still managed to be fun, and great dinner and company at a nearby pub after more than compensated for it.
Apart from the weather, my life in general has been just peachy. Now and then I work myself up into enough of a state to review all those lectures and tutorials I've fallen behind in, and most other times I'm playing frisbee, grumbling about FMAA work or daydreaming about that someone in my life. Let's call him Ong. :)
He's probably grinning at this most uncharacteristic blogmention, and rightly so. I've never blogged much, or anything at all, on the subject of my love life. Too personal, too transient, too non-existent - take your pick. But many good things have happened since that happy serendipity that brought us together; one cannot help but immortalise those memories, this happiness, in some medium other than our sometimes unreliable minds.
On that note, dear readers, I bid you goodnight.
The weather has been uncomfortably muggy the last few days, but heck, today's was worst. According to the statistics, temperatures peaked at about 37C, which no doubt occured at the exact period when I walked home from uni. Nature has that kind of a humour.
So I eventually made it back to the apartment, feeling like I'd just trudged through a vat of warm glue. Then the wind started howling outside my window, just in time for a pick-up game of frisbee at 5pm. After much swallowing of dust, chasing and retrieving frisbees 100m away from where they started and many turnovers later, the wind very suddenly turned chill. It was wonderfully refreshing, until 2 minutes later, huge, fat drops of rain started pelting down on us. They were icy and stung a bit. By the time we made it to Rob's car, we were smelly, cold and sopping wet. This was probably the 18C low the statistics were yammering on about.
Despite such unforgiving conditions, pick-up still managed to be fun, and great dinner and company at a nearby pub after more than compensated for it.
Apart from the weather, my life in general has been just peachy. Now and then I work myself up into enough of a state to review all those lectures and tutorials I've fallen behind in, and most other times I'm playing frisbee, grumbling about FMAA work or daydreaming about that someone in my life. Let's call him Ong. :)
He's probably grinning at this most uncharacteristic blogmention, and rightly so. I've never blogged much, or anything at all, on the subject of my love life. Too personal, too transient, too non-existent - take your pick. But many good things have happened since that happy serendipity that brought us together; one cannot help but immortalise those memories, this happiness, in some medium other than our sometimes unreliable minds.
On that note, dear readers, I bid you goodnight.

6 Comments:
you're getting all sentimental and mushy in your old age =)
and you, ackerbus, are growing in the opposite direction in YOUR old age, ahaha!
Hi Hui Ying!!! Being mushy once in a while is good, hehe. It shows that you're a perfectly healthy normal girl. :P
I've never blogged... at all, on the subject of my love life.
Wow, I must have totally misread that post about our time as lab partners.
The only part I agree to Ying being is 'healthy' =D
to ackerbus:
I know! All those 19 long years..there comes a point in your life where all you want is to settle down with a family, a dog and a white picket fence. "Crazytalk!" I know you're thinking, but you'll understand when you reach my age. :)
to darkhello:
Hi Darell! TP is getting to be quite the dour old hack isn't he? I reckon he needs a cheering up. Also, TP, we should skype soon once I (or we) find the time. MSN doesn't work on Vista.
to aditi:
Oh aditi! It was a different kind of love! I'm...I'm sorry. I hope someday, when all this has become but a distant memory, you will be able to forgive me!
to neo_zephiris:
Thanks PK. It's good to know that I at least have health going for me. :)
...wait a sec. *narrows eyes* Are you're saying I'm neither normal nor a girl, or that I'm not a normal girl? I think I already know the answer. XD
Well said.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home