Thursday, June 15, 2006

[ this space for rent ]

At last, the tedium of exams are over. How did I go? Who knows. Not too well, I'd hazard, but I'm too relieved to care at the moment.

Even before the paper yesterday morning, I was up and about various libraries in uni collecting what shall be termed my holiday kit, picking up books, DVDs and putting more on hold. I will read, watch, play (frisbee + guitar) myself silly this holidays. I don't think I've read a book proper since Huxley's Island start of this year.

After the paper, a smile (the usual explosive sort you find after last exam papers) battled with my lips to be let out, but I didn't want people to think I'd gone mad smiling crazily to myself but I did laugh a little. I came home, set up camp on the couch and read Stephen Fry - The Liar from cover to cover. It was 2am when I finished, and I put down the book drunkenly, dizzy with contentment. I've neglected the pleasure of reading a good book far too long.

The Liar is brilliant. I loved it. It's funny, witty, touching, entertaining, ridiculous, insightful, exciting and it makes me sound like an amazon book review. I think I've covered all the adjectives now. Whatever it is, it wasn't intellectually heavy and plodding stuff, thus perfect for resting the mind after two weeks of fuckety exams. Helped that during that time I was pretending to study I'd wikied and googled the life out of Stephen Fry (and Hugh Laurie and others) and was able to appreciate the book more for its scattered references to his child-to-young-adulthood. My next mission is to read all other books from the blessed pen of Stephen Fry and possibly Laurie's The Gun Seller too.

That's all for the post-exam post (geddit? geddit? *collective groan*) and I'm off to sink my teeth into a DVD. Woohoohoohooo! [/tigger]

PS: I have decided that Michael Rosenbaum, in ten years time, will be James Spader. How I heart those two. I have a weakness for men with incredibly sexy voices. Incredibly.

Labels: , , ,