recharge, please
That I managed to drag myself around uni today, despite heavy-lidded eyes and dark circles that suggest an unfortunate accident involving monkeys and eyeliners, is a commendable feat.
It makes no sense. I mean, I slept around 1.30am. Which by my standards, is fairly reasonable. It's almost as if 2 weeks worth of sleep deprivation and fatigue that I didn't know I had hit me all at once today and knocked me out cold.
Thank god for Rowden White, a somewhat hippie-atmosphered no-study library that provides the one thing I always wanted at schools - a place to lie down and sleep. (The operating word here being 'lie down') I had two consecutive lectures this morning, but after the first, I knew I had to get myself to Rowden White asap before I stretched myself out right on the carpet in the lecture theatre. It seemed like a very good idea at that time.
And you know what they say. The more you sleep, the more you need to sleep. I spent the rest of the day back at the apartment drifting in and out of a haze of drugged stupor and semi-formed dreams.
Ultimate frisbee featured in a lot of those dreams, interestingly, one more absurd than the next. =P I dreamt about Frank, our UF prez, telling off those who haven't been attending training.
Frank: When we signed you on (for the unigames UF team presumably) we expected you to come to training. I even signed off on all your forms with this. *brandishes a piece of paper from nowhere*

Frank: See this?! That's the ultimate frisbee seal of approval. That's my guarantee to the organisers that you'd show for training!!
Everyone: *nods as if he's making perfect sense*
At this point, I became more conscious and was all like "What the hell..."
Yeah, I know. XD
It makes no sense. I mean, I slept around 1.30am. Which by my standards, is fairly reasonable. It's almost as if 2 weeks worth of sleep deprivation and fatigue that I didn't know I had hit me all at once today and knocked me out cold.
Thank god for Rowden White, a somewhat hippie-atmosphered no-study library that provides the one thing I always wanted at schools - a place to lie down and sleep. (The operating word here being 'lie down') I had two consecutive lectures this morning, but after the first, I knew I had to get myself to Rowden White asap before I stretched myself out right on the carpet in the lecture theatre. It seemed like a very good idea at that time.
And you know what they say. The more you sleep, the more you need to sleep. I spent the rest of the day back at the apartment drifting in and out of a haze of drugged stupor and semi-formed dreams.
Ultimate frisbee featured in a lot of those dreams, interestingly, one more absurd than the next. =P I dreamt about Frank, our UF prez, telling off those who haven't been attending training.
Frank: When we signed you on (for the unigames UF team presumably) we expected you to come to training. I even signed off on all your forms with this. *brandishes a piece of paper from nowhere*

Frank: See this?! That's the ultimate frisbee seal of approval. That's my guarantee to the organisers that you'd show for training!!
Everyone: *nods as if he's making perfect sense*
At this point, I became more conscious and was all like "What the hell..."
Yeah, I know. XD
Labels: Life, Trivialities, Uni

<< Home