Thursday, April 13, 2006

more news!

I've been meaning to share this icon for some time now. It's genius. Credit to the i_pwnage community on Livejournal.



Also, OMG!!! I just received a call from FMAA offering me a sponsorship officer position! YESSSSSSS! *celebrates*

To figure out what the heck I'm talking about, click here! It's the FMAA Melbourne link.

Basically, sponsorship officers rub shoulders with corporate sponsors and hold a variety of career + company related events for the students. It's the most fought for position around because you wear suits, attend cocktail parties and make sure those big-name sponsors know you.

Well, not really, but it does provide great networking opportunities with your future employers. Just the thing for a career in business.

The only way to get into the FMAA was to apply for a 1st year sub-committee position and then work your way up to the executive (yes, 'executive'. XD) ranks. My interview was actually a few weeks back, which went really well...Though I was starting to lose hope because there hadn't been news till now and I was kicking myself for not writing post-interview thank you e-mails to the interviewers. A hideous oversight which will never be repeated ever again.

While I would have preferred the Finance/Consulting division, which deals with the finance/consulting firms, I got International Students instead. In hindsight, this probably works to my advantage, especially since there's a chance I may lose the PR soon. The Aus firms generally don't employ international students, so it'd be pointless networking with local firms. Instead, I'll be dealing with overseas and international firms.

There'll be a celebratory BBQ at the current Vice President's house this Tuesday I think. The reception on my phone was so bad I hope to goodness I got the right details.

Ah, stepping stones! Tis but the first step to something bigger and better in the not-too-distant future, I hope. =)

Labels: