Sunday, March 20, 2005

Hmm.

I spent all day on a 1236 word Chinese essay on gay adoption rights and I'm finally finished! This must explain the light and floaty feeling I'm having right now... =) It's so close to the holdiays, so close to home, yet...Oh goodness I don't know how I'm going to get past the next two weeks. Two of the biggest 'projects' in the IB course is due and I haven't even begun doing either of them. >_<

And something's bugging me. I think it's my sentence structure. It's strangely incoherent and it doesn't flow as smoothly as I'd like it to. And I'm using 'and' too much and it really shouldn't be used at the start of sentences. Must be all day of writing Chinese and poring over the English/Chinese dictionary taking its toll on my brain. ARHGHGGHGHGHGPPBRDCTDLSPTSPKTBRCMBNTKT!!!!! Even my tongue feels knotted and I'm not even speaking! What the-?!

Anyway. Huh. Boarders' Social was okay...there's only so much dancing and loud music I can take in my life and even the 4 hours of it on Friday night got a tad excessive and repetitive and boring. My decision to dress up a little for once when I haven't ever really bothered in the past (or found an occasion to) has clearly generated much unwonted comment, so much so that I am inclined to start defending myself soon. Either way, it's about what I had expected, the reactions...no one's used to seeing me dressed up, heck I'm hardly used to seeing myself dressed up anyway, but brace yourselves guys, there's still the formal and the valedictory dinner ahead.

That's the thing yannow, there's a gazillion occasions to dress up here (Too much, in fact. I still don't see why the Year 12s need a Formal, a Graduation Dinner Dance AND a Valedictory Dinner and goodness knows what other formalities), and you kinda have to. So you had better start getting used to it. =) It was rather interesting anyway, going off on a tangent fashion-wise. There was a mild commotion in the BH too when I appeared out of the usual baggy, bummy stuff I wear, but they were generally on a more positive note. So much I can say for your reactions...a wee bit dampening, (Really. Lobotomised and all.) but it doesn't really bother me, as I personally thought the clothes and the make up worked rather well in the end. ^^

I'll trip off for a bath now. I'm not gonna put up pictures of the social and I do hope *coughs suggestively* that LYNN will refrain from doing so too, because clearly my friends aren't quite ready for that sort of shock. =)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home