Friday, January 28, 2005

across the miles

Heya peeps. Arrived safely yesterday morning, flight was ok, passed pretty quick as I slept through most of it, though there was this annoying woman nearby who talked with no regard of anyone else around her. And her voice! It was the sort where prolonged exposure to such wavelengths would damage your ear. Wasn't high pitched or anything, in fact it was pretty uniquely low-ish, but in a bad way. Her husband just muttered back answers and generally looked either harassed or grumpy.

The New Girls' Orientation has been going pretty well so far, we're into the second day. I think we have a day tour to Melbourne city, Southbank and Camberwell. Weather's quite warm, kinda like back home at the moment, and the worst thing was, there isn't air-conditioning in the rooms, so I had to sleep last night with only a table fan. My room's really stuffy most of the time so it wasn't very comfortable. There's quite a large Malaysian contingent in the NGO might I add...and they get along smashingly. Hehe.

I'm beginning to feel the pinch of homesickness, not in its conventional sense though...(and in a way I haven't quite experienced before. :-/ I think I've grown too attached to the company, and it feels like I've gotten closer with some of you over the 2 months) Having spent the hols, especially the last two weeks of them with you guys, it's hard getting used to not having company over, or someone to hang out with. Badminton with PK, cycling with TP, my dear Feebsies, Hui Lynn, Kang and Harold (a.k.a. pimp! :) ...have I missed anybody out? Ah yes, Grace, Jeng Sia, Keat Wei and co. ARGH. Just thinking about the hols makes me miss you guys so so so so so so much. Thank you, guys, for such a good time. For the toil up Kiara, for the crazy dinners, for lunch at TGIF, for the weekends, for the fun and laughter, for the inside news on college, for the sleepovers, for everything. I had an awesome holiday with y'all. Hope college is going well. Those doing their licence, how goes?

I looked forward to coming back here, raring for a good start to the school year. Now that I'm here, I wish I was back again. Sighhh. *consoles self* 3 months isn't that long...and when I go back, I expect to be driven round luxuriously by PK or HL! Mwah!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home