for the next two days
Physics camp departs tomorrow! How exciting! You're all probably giving me the looks already and thinking "Who are you and what have you done with the real Hui Ying?!" I like Physics y'know, just can't seem to do well in tests and exams, I don't know why. But I've heard Physics camp is really fun from those who went the previous years. It'll be in Phillip Island. Apparently it's going to cold, windy and wet. Oh well. But Mr. Downie showed us a video of last year's (I think) camp and it looked like fun. It's a short camp, I mean, how much can you possibly do in two days and one night? But there are the three parts of camp (all incorporating Physics into it obviously), the giant swing thing, which is really high up, some flying fox route and The Bridge, which involves a teacher walking under a bridge at a certain velocity and we have to calculate the exact moment to drop a water balloon on his head. A successful experiment would presumably be managing to drench the teacher (who was wearing a raincoat and looked quite silly =) And the rest of the time, I suppose we'll be having discussions and other Physicky stuff.
Either way, I'll take photos and maybe post them up here when I get back. I got my English commentary back today, finally, a good score! Well...relatively, considering I haven't been doing all that fantastically for the past few. And I finished all the bits and pieces of Hamlet homework we had to do. Man, I've seen the word soliloquy so many times if it goes on like this I'd be wondering what soliloquy meant. Headache betul. And we have to do a practice oral commentary on Hamlet soon. I'm stumped. How am I possibly going to spend 20 minutes analysing a soliloquy (or a passage from Hamlet, I think) and then speak about it for 10 minutes?! Well. I suppose it can be done. It's just that 10 minutes seem such a long time when your not like trying to prove a case or presenting a speech or something.
Even more exciting, I'll be going to the city this Saturday! At last...my long awaited excursion to the city. Melbourne's CBD is just beautiful...not the best of places to stay, but the best of places to lepak-lepak for sure. I hear it's even more beautiful at night. =)
Here's a link for you guys to check out. Connie introduced me to it this evening, it's not bad. I'd like to see you try it without external help. Hahah. It's a flash game. If you can find entertainment in hitting bloodied, decapitated heads and trying to get it to bounce the furthest, maybe this'll interest you. Though I think this is one step higher (intellectually) than that. ^^
The Crimson Room
And if you escape from that, they've got The Viridian Room. =) And if you would like to pay 500 yen, you can get The Blue Room too. Hahahah! If you give up, there are walkthroughs on the net. But hey, I think it's pretty cool. And if you can escape without help of walkthroughs, I will sembah at your feet. Anyhow, I'll be back by Friday night...till then, enjoy!
Either way, I'll take photos and maybe post them up here when I get back. I got my English commentary back today, finally, a good score! Well...relatively, considering I haven't been doing all that fantastically for the past few. And I finished all the bits and pieces of Hamlet homework we had to do. Man, I've seen the word soliloquy so many times if it goes on like this I'd be wondering what soliloquy meant. Headache betul. And we have to do a practice oral commentary on Hamlet soon. I'm stumped. How am I possibly going to spend 20 minutes analysing a soliloquy (or a passage from Hamlet, I think) and then speak about it for 10 minutes?! Well. I suppose it can be done. It's just that 10 minutes seem such a long time when your not like trying to prove a case or presenting a speech or something.
Even more exciting, I'll be going to the city this Saturday! At last...my long awaited excursion to the city. Melbourne's CBD is just beautiful...not the best of places to stay, but the best of places to lepak-lepak for sure. I hear it's even more beautiful at night. =)
Here's a link for you guys to check out. Connie introduced me to it this evening, it's not bad. I'd like to see you try it without external help. Hahah. It's a flash game. If you can find entertainment in hitting bloodied, decapitated heads and trying to get it to bounce the furthest, maybe this'll interest you. Though I think this is one step higher (intellectually) than that. ^^
The Crimson Room
And if you escape from that, they've got The Viridian Room. =) And if you would like to pay 500 yen, you can get The Blue Room too. Hahahah! If you give up, there are walkthroughs on the net. But hey, I think it's pretty cool. And if you can escape without help of walkthroughs, I will sembah at your feet. Anyhow, I'll be back by Friday night...till then, enjoy!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home