Thursday, August 26, 2004

food for thought

Just sharing a news article I found interesting.

The Genius Generation

Eugenics (and related concepts) fascinate me. Whether it's ethical or not is a different matter, but the whole idea of potentially being able to manipulate nature to an agenda...it's kinda scary to think that we could have so much power.

True, eugenics is not a new word to history. And many of attempts at eugenics have been quite morbid and Darwinistic, the whole survival of the fittest thing. In the times of Sparta, weak babies were left to die, and Hitler tried breeding his Aryan race. Not a new concept, eugenics, designer babies and the like, but I've never really thought about it until now.

On an unrelated note, oh gosh, the weather today was heavenly. I have not experienced such agreeable weather in a long, long time, if ever. It was sunny and cool, as oxymoronic as it may sound, and just the kind of weather that makes you want to stay outdoors forever. Only now I realize how the weather can really affect my mood. I haven't felt so cheery in ages. There is little cause to feel cheery here, mind you.

Year 11 camp is soon, and it's a cross country ski trip cum leadership camp. Have to go dig up snow and wet weather outfits somewhere, and my enthusiasm can't even spark a microbe. After today, I really don't feel like going back to winter again. I'm hoping all the snow will melt and we'll have to relocate to a warmer, less snowy area...I'm such a wet blanket. Heh. What to doooo?...

...Seasons should be swallowed in small doses.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home