Saturday, June 26, 2004

Calvin wants a flamethrower,

I need a shrink gun. Sigh...wishful thinking. Shrink all my luggage and carry them around in my pocket. =) That'd be cool.

Pah. That cranky Aussie lady at the counter almost didn't let me take my guitar as hand carry. Eventually I managed to smuggle it in, it's called checking in en masse. Well, ok, it was just the three of us, but the black case of my guitar blended in well with my all-black clothes and the guy (we went to a different counter this time round to try our luck) wasn't as particular as the lady I went to at first, who insisted on seeing all I had on me, baggage-wise.

Got me pretty flustered and annoyed, and the heavy stuff I had to carry all over the place didn't do well to improve my mood. You're right, Rach, hooray for plane letters! Read yours during take-off, and the rest a little before, BUT I was still IN the plane, so it's all right eh? =) The letters made me all nice and happy again. Connie's plane letter was cool! Thanks Connie!...just that...the words DIE and TERRORISTS appeared a lot throughout the three pages. Hmm. Y'think she's hinting at something. =)

Wasn't jet-lagged at all this time. Got home to find out my whole street just had a black out. Blundered my way into the house in pitch darkness. The candles my siblings lighted weren't helping the heat. Thankfully, it came back after half and hour++. My dad called TNB but he couldn't get through, so you know what he did? He called the POlice! HAHAHAHAHahahah! How nuts is that? Also got home to find that we had 8 pairs of shoes stolen some time ago. But it was all my brother and my dad's. Mine were untouched, thank goodness. I don't know what I'd do if I lost my loafers and Weinbrenners. Biggest loss was obviously my bro's, that extravagant fool! I keep telling him not to invest so much in shoes, you can get cheaper stuff in Bata or something, but no, it had to be his RM 200+ Reeboks and his KRS boots. Hurh. Brand new too.

So much for Taman Tun: safe haven. Well, I knew there were these robberies going on time to time in the neighbourhood, but it never happened to us, so I was living in denial. =)

I woke up this morning thinking it was 11am. Eventually I found out I hadn't yet turned my watch back 2 hours, so I still have the morning ahead of me. Awfully pleased! =)

Ho hum. The excitement coming back this time round pretty much wasn't there, compared to the first break...but waking up this morning and falling back into my old routine, I realize I missed home a lot more than I thought I did. =)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home