Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Du-de. Where's mah bed?!

A recap on my story up till now.

For the past two days, I've been sleeping on the floor. But not before putting a sheet over it of course. Why? Well, ever since I started sleeping on that crap excuse for a bed, my backaches have been getting worse. Then it got to a point where I couldn't take it anymore, and decided I might as well sleep on the carpeted floor, which turned out to be extremely comfortable. Really, I don't mind staying there, just that now every night and morning I'll have one extra thing to do, unfold and re-fold the sheets. Not too much of a hassle, if it means 7/8 hours of more contented sleep at nights. That marked the start of my subversive, rebellious acts against the boarding house. Actually, no. The first one was when I signed a petition to keep the BH open during exeat weekends so we don't need to keep moving around like stupid nomads. Don't know how that turned out, but I'll keep you posted (if you're even interested at all =).

So.

First morning after act of protest:

Enter Mrs. Fearn-Wannan

FW: GOODness ME! Who's thAT sleeping on the floor?!~
Me: (mumbles blearily from under the doona) Hmmpghfrghrubmphmmm....
FW: Why are you sleeping on the floor?!
Me: hrmghmmmgmpfhph-bed-too-soft-causes-backaches-hrghrmmmm...
FW: Hmm, looks like we've got to get you a new mattress haven't we? Okay...

Exeunt Mrs. Fearn-Wannan

Me: (thinks) SCORE!!!


Second morning after act of protest:

Enter Mrs. Fearn-Wannan

FW: Still on the floor?
Me: Zzzzzzz.
FW: Okay, so I was just saying, before you go to school today, could you please take the sheets off the bed? Your new matress is coming today.

Exeunt Mrs. Fearn-Wannan

Me: (thinks disbelievingly) DOUBLE SCORE!!!

...

"Well." I thought, "That went pretty well. My protest got quite a response." Maybe they're afraid of me telling people like the BH is abusing me and making me sleep on the floor or something. =)

Pah. I should have known. If it's too good to be true, it damn well probably is. Today came back from school, entered my room and gasped. *shock *horror my ENTIRE BED was gone, ENTIRE BED being the wooden bottom part that you put the mattress on. And on the floor, with my doona neatly covering it, lay the offensive mattress. On the doona was a note, saying your bed is being fixed and will be ready by tomorrow.

WHAT?! Who said there was anything wrong with the wooden part of my bed??? DAMN! It's like saying Doctor I think I might have broken my toe and then having him check your teeth for cavities or something. Sheesh. Like, get with it?! And to rub it in, the mattress was still the same one.

Sigh. *shakes head solemnly* All the lesser beings that I have to suffer myself with.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home