Saturday, February 07, 2004

Irony is being alone in a sea of people.

It's been a pretty slow day today. Slow and quiet. Literally half or more of the boarding house has gone out. Being the loner that I am, I didn't go. Waste of time, waste of money. Soon, I'm afraid that they'll stop inviting me to go out altogether. Either way, I like it like that. Was the first one up this morning, had my breakfast alone, before the cook even laid out all the stuff for breakfast. So I just had some cereal and yoghurt. Then it's back to work. That's the routine I've put myself in. Homework, study, music room and the occasional coming out of my shell during mealtimes. Okay, maybe not that bad. I do communicate with people here, just not as much as everybody else. And I don't go out so often either. Only went out once in fact, to K-Mart, cause I was in desperate need for ring files and you couldn't make that out of bricks.

Looks like the bricks will be staying with me. Maybe I should start naming them. The bookends were too expensive to send from Malaysia, but the books and calculator are on their way. I wish I had my guitar for some solace. Too much idle time makes you think about certain things which I'd rather not now in case I start getting depressed.

Managed to borrow a not-so-good-but-better-than-nothing guitar from one of the blonde hair 'chicks' (as ex0 would say) (No...no photos yet =) but there's this really pretty Thai girl with a cool name, Book Ekkhosit. I find myself trying to stop staring at her during mealtimes cause we sit at the same table. I must be getting mad. *klunk* What am I doing? I don't usually admire females. It's the likes of Brad Pitt that keeps me going. (Anyhow, I'll try to get a pic for ex0 who specially requested pics of hot chicks, but I don't know whether he meant Thai girls =) Anyway, back to the guitar...yeah, I miss playing it so much. So I played today. Went down alone to the music room and lost myself in there.

Played and played and played. Hours until my fingers were hard and sore and red, and black from the paint that came off the fretboard of the old guitar. Here, it is a habit of a few girls to leave their radio on playing really loud even though they're never in their rooms. No matter, that's not the point. The point is that's when I first heard Behind Blue Eyes.

I learnt it on the guitar today. Simple but sweet. I'm in love with it. This beautiful and sad song. Somehow fits my current mood very well. The first time I heard it, I got one of those shudders. It makes me feel extremely depressed. Like Freshman under special circumstances. But one high today was when I found out a weird yellow and black spray painted CD had the song. Speechless. I should have realized everyone else is not as backdated as me when it comes to good songs.

No matter. I've probably spent too much time on the com than I should have. Better go back and make my new brick friends comfortable since they'll be staying with me for a long time now.

G'day.

P/S: Looking back on what I wrote, reminds me of the time when ex0 had weird tendencies of speaking to a brick. Worse still, he didn't realize it was invisible. *shakes head solemnly* The things people do.

Labels: ,