Came to school today looking like an idiot...cause I had to carry this huge unsightly ELS board for Hari Gerko. Yellow on black some more, the most arresting combination of colours. It's true, read it somewhere. If I could run without making myself seem even more like a fool, I would have done so, just to get into school as soon as possible and dump the board on someone. So instead, I walked as fast as I could...still couldn't avoid people turning their attention on this strange girl with a huge board in one hand, a big paper bag in the other, like she just came back from the pasar or something. =)
Anyhow, whoo...what a day. I was totally spent. Been on my feet for most part of the day, right up till four. Mind you, PBC's running a conspiracy. It's absolutely not right the way they get so many people queing up in front of their booth. The crowd there is comparable to those queues at GSC for the LoTR screening. I'm not exaggerating. Okay, maybe a teeny bit, but you get the idea. At the end of the day, my estimate is they've got thou, 2 thou members ++. Grr.
ELS did fine I daresay. Managed to rope in about 71 members. Not bad, considering we're in CHS. Dunno if it's just me, but the Form 1's this year seem especially Chinesey...You go up to them and try to explain the virtues of joining ELS (in English of course) then they give you this terrified look and either mumble or shake their heads and hurry away like you're a ghost or something. Feebs was telling me about her experience.
(big stupid smile) "Hi, would you like to join the ELS?" (offer them a flyer)
(eyes wide open, lips start to quiver) "I don't know English!" (hurries away)
Ironically, this whole 'conversation' was in Chinese. I bet now I sound like this anti-chinese activist...but REally. It's just too much. And some come to the booth making enquiries in Chinese. Poor me. I could barely answer their questions, all that jabbering in Chinese, sounded like Swahili for all I could tell. I kept trying to say "Our meeting is every Friday" but I had no idea how to say meeting' in Chinese. So my lines were mostly consisted of extremely broken Mandarin and a smattering of English words. Stress betul.
Worse still, 3 came back to the booth after registering, and asked if they could pull out. Not even 15 minutes! Two of them haven't paid their membership fee yet, so no big deal. But one guy came and asked for his money back...me and Feebs were like staring desperately at each other, then I started staring desperately at Pn. Evelyn. Who came to the rescue. Actually, the word rescue is somewhat questionable. I felt like just returning the guy his money and never see him again, but Pn. Evelyn started off in this reprimanding tone - "Why do you want it back?" "What else are you joining?" "How come you cannot make it for the meeting?" "What clashes with it?" etcetcetc, until the poor guy staggered off, pretty dazed and shaken. He didn't get his money back.
I stayed right till the end of Hari Gerko. I was close to dying already then. But we battled it out. What a relief it was to get home and have a good long bath. Hari Gerko's actually quite a good idea, I salute Pn. Kok for that, but I'm happy that it's my first and last. And having to deal with such Form 1's...
Hahahah, and PK told me something funny. One of the junior ed-boarders tried to recruit him and TP Wong.
"Would you like to join ed-board?"
(One kind look) "Uhh, do you know I'm your AG Director and he's your Language Director?"
Mann....
Thankfully, the night took a turn for the better. Went for farewell dinner at 1U, supposed to go to TGIF, but the place was packed to the brim, settled for Roadhouse Grill instead. Dinner was okay, company was good and the presents were seriously cool. Thanks for the teddy, H. ;) It's absolutely adorable. I love it. Then CY gave me this HUGE present...i was like...wow. No wonder he asked me in class that day whether I knew who Squall was. FF8 guy I said. And further quizzes on Renoa and how they both looked like. It's hung on my room wall now, hung it up the minute I got home. It's a framed up 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle with a picture of Squall and Renoa against his shoulder. And a few words. Somehow, the picture and the words are like...like...I don't know. I don't quite know how to describe the feeling I get when I see it hanging on my bedroom wall. Thank you CY.
Conclusion: Life is sweet when you have such great friends.
Anyhow, whoo...what a day. I was totally spent. Been on my feet for most part of the day, right up till four. Mind you, PBC's running a conspiracy. It's absolutely not right the way they get so many people queing up in front of their booth. The crowd there is comparable to those queues at GSC for the LoTR screening. I'm not exaggerating. Okay, maybe a teeny bit, but you get the idea. At the end of the day, my estimate is they've got thou, 2 thou members ++. Grr.
ELS did fine I daresay. Managed to rope in about 71 members. Not bad, considering we're in CHS. Dunno if it's just me, but the Form 1's this year seem especially Chinesey...You go up to them and try to explain the virtues of joining ELS (in English of course) then they give you this terrified look and either mumble or shake their heads and hurry away like you're a ghost or something. Feebs was telling me about her experience.
(big stupid smile) "Hi, would you like to join the ELS?" (offer them a flyer)
(eyes wide open, lips start to quiver) "I don't know English!" (hurries away)
Ironically, this whole 'conversation' was in Chinese. I bet now I sound like this anti-chinese activist...but REally. It's just too much. And some come to the booth making enquiries in Chinese. Poor me. I could barely answer their questions, all that jabbering in Chinese, sounded like Swahili for all I could tell. I kept trying to say "Our meeting is every Friday" but I had no idea how to say meeting' in Chinese. So my lines were mostly consisted of extremely broken Mandarin and a smattering of English words. Stress betul.
Worse still, 3 came back to the booth after registering, and asked if they could pull out. Not even 15 minutes! Two of them haven't paid their membership fee yet, so no big deal. But one guy came and asked for his money back...me and Feebs were like staring desperately at each other, then I started staring desperately at Pn. Evelyn. Who came to the rescue. Actually, the word rescue is somewhat questionable. I felt like just returning the guy his money and never see him again, but Pn. Evelyn started off in this reprimanding tone - "Why do you want it back?" "What else are you joining?" "How come you cannot make it for the meeting?" "What clashes with it?" etcetcetc, until the poor guy staggered off, pretty dazed and shaken. He didn't get his money back.
I stayed right till the end of Hari Gerko. I was close to dying already then. But we battled it out. What a relief it was to get home and have a good long bath. Hari Gerko's actually quite a good idea, I salute Pn. Kok for that, but I'm happy that it's my first and last. And having to deal with such Form 1's...
Hahahah, and PK told me something funny. One of the junior ed-boarders tried to recruit him and TP Wong.
"Would you like to join ed-board?"
(One kind look) "Uhh, do you know I'm your AG Director and he's your Language Director?"
Mann....
Thankfully, the night took a turn for the better. Went for farewell dinner at 1U, supposed to go to TGIF, but the place was packed to the brim, settled for Roadhouse Grill instead. Dinner was okay, company was good and the presents were seriously cool. Thanks for the teddy, H. ;) It's absolutely adorable. I love it. Then CY gave me this HUGE present...i was like...wow. No wonder he asked me in class that day whether I knew who Squall was. FF8 guy I said. And further quizzes on Renoa and how they both looked like. It's hung on my room wall now, hung it up the minute I got home. It's a framed up 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle with a picture of Squall and Renoa against his shoulder. And a few words. Somehow, the picture and the words are like...like...I don't know. I don't quite know how to describe the feeling I get when I see it hanging on my bedroom wall. Thank you CY.
Conclusion: Life is sweet when you have such great friends.
Labels: School

<< Home